Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Fowl Practice!


If the problem of cruelty to animals is not epidemic enough, I am outraged by the latest act of aggression against our cousins. The whole-sale slaughter of ducks in order to make duck-tape is merely the latest in a long string of acts of superfluous destruction. What makes this so egregious, is that there are plenty of other types of perfectly sufficient tape out there that are not made from animal bi-products. So why this on-going genocide?
Together we can bring this vicious practice to an end. Remember, if you need to repair, cover, or seal something, be it a crack, or even a mouth, there's always electrical tape.
I call on everyone who cares for these beautiful creatures to boycott any manufacturer of this "product", and for all of you to become "Pro-Duck".

4 comments:

  1. I applaud this boycott effort, except in practice it makes little sense. I would boycott 3M because of their duck-tape, but I am also a huge supporter of their fine line of electrical tape. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already pro-chicken, so I don't know if that would fly.

    ReplyDelete